11/9/10

Second Voyage!

     Well, I just came back from my second voyage. I knew I was going to redeem myself! This time, I had a small ship, more supplies, and a better crew. And this time, the weather was not terrible. Everything was perfect! Well, we had a long journey, but it was well worth it. We made it to the New World! I claimed the land England's and recognized the authority of the Roman Catholic Church. The feeling inside me was just a great joy. One of my crew members even stated,"the sea there is swarming with fish, which can be taken not only with the net, but in baskets let down with a stone, so that it sinks in the water." There was that many fish in the New World! I mean, I was overjoyed to finally realize that I discovered North America. That would give me the fame and fortune I always dreamed of having. Not only does this put me up there with the greatest explorers, this expedition kindled my desire to go on another voyage. I am going to start thinking about what to do next. So, there is much more to come!


Sources: 

1 comment:

  1. The New World? That actually exists? North America? Wow ... another place to travel and discover and settle in. I bet you are probably the most important person in England right now. Congratulations -- you deserve that glory and spotlight! :)

    Bartolomeu Dias

    ReplyDelete