11/9/10

My First Voyage

     Well, my first voyage was a total disaster. I ended up turning back and returning to Bristol. I accomplished nothing. My small ship, small crew, and a shortage of supplies caused me much trouble. On top of that, the bad weather created the worst conditions to sail in. We didn't even make it to Hy-Brazil, the island I wanted to go to. Their brazilwood is extremely valuable. Not only would it bring me wealth, but it would have brought me fame. Rediscovering an island that was lost by Bristol a long time ago would be the biggest story! If only I had made it there, then I would have been famous and rich. Well, we tried our best. At least I did, while my crew confused me. However, I will come prepared next time. I promise there will be a second voyage very soon.



Sources: 

2 comments:

  1. I like your determination! Don't worry, from an explorer to another, there are ALWAYS new discoveries to be made. I'm sorry that your ship didn't make it to the island. Hopefully on your next voyage you could find it and also discover more! Good luck and keep your passion for exploration!
    -Samuel de Champlain

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, the first exploration it must be hard and tiring! Well at least you tried. I like how you are encouraging yourself that there will more explorations and more discoveries to come. Well there will definitely be a next time. Good Luck on your next voyage. Hope you discover something wonderful that you can share with us,explorers.

    ReplyDelete