11/9/10

Christopher Columbus + Spice Trade = MY SUCCESS

     Christopher Columbus is one of my inspirations. His great determination to explore really inspired me. His voyages are what found the New World. I had found North America, which I consider a great success. I also praise Columbus on how he stuck to his belief that he reached Indies in Asia. It shows that he believes in himself. This taught me so many things. Christopher Columbus, not only do your actions inspire my explorations, but they teach me valuable lessons.
     What was up with the Spice Trade? I mean everyone going to the Indies to find spices. All those people wanted money. Those explorers didn't want to explore, they wanted the fortune. But it does have its good side. It did create more explorers because a lot of people were going out to sea to find the spices. This could have possibly started the era of exploration. I really do think that is something positive to look at. So, the Spice trade triggered people's want to sail and explore. All in all, I believe that both Christopher Columbus and the Spice Trade both helped the establishment of exploration.


Source:
Western Civilization, Spielvogel

No comments:

Post a Comment